Boston Red Sox at Seattle Mariners odds, picks and prediction
The Boston Red Sox (82-65) and Seattle Mariners (78-67) wrap up their three-game series Wednesday afternoon, with first pitch from T-Mobile Park coming at 4:10 p.m. ET. Let's analyze the lines around the Red Sox vs. Marinersodds with MLB picks and predictions.
Red Sox RHP Tanner Houck (0-4, 3.54 ERA) makes his 12th start and 14th appearance. He has a 1.20 WHIP, 2.5 BB/9 and 10.6 K/9 through 53 1/3 IP.
- Allowed 3 or fewer earned runs in all of his appearances this season but has yet to earn a victory.
- His longest outing of the season was 5 1/3 innings Aug. 29 against the Cleveland Indians.
Mariners LHP Marco Gonzales (8-5, 4.03 ERA) makes his 22nd start. He has a 1.23 WHIP, 2.6 BB/9 and 6.7 K/9 through 118 1/3 IP.
- Gonzales had a 1.58 ERA across six starts in August and has allowed five runs through 11 innings this month.
- In his last start, Sept. 10, Gonzales allowed zero earned runs across 6 innings and struck out 3 batters.
Also see:World Series odds
Red Sox at Mariners odds, lines, picks and prediction
- Money line: Red Sox -130 (bet $130 to win $100) | Mariners +105 (bet $100 to win $105)
- Against the spread/ATS: Red Sox -1.5 (+122) | Mariners +1.5 (-150)
- Over/Under: 8.5 (O: -120 | U: -105)
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick'em contests.Play now!
Mariners 6, Red Sox 4
Money line (ML)
Boston is only 4-6 over its last 10 games and split the first two games of the series with Seattle. The Mariners have dropped three of their last four games, so they're not playing particularly well, either.
With Seattle being at home and Houck unlikely to go very deep into the game, I like the MARINERS (+105) to win outright at plus money.
The Mariners covered the spread in half of their last 10 games, slightly better than the Red Sox's 4-6 ATS record in that same span. Gonzales hasn't been dominant by any means and doesn't strike out many batters, but Seattle should be able to get to Houck early and push into the Boston bullpen.
Bet the MARINERS +1.5 (-150) with the run of insurance in the event of a loss.
The total has gone Over in six of the Red Sox's last nine games and in each of the Mariners' last 10. The Over also cashed in 14 of the last 17 games between these two teams.
I like that trend to continue, so bet the OVER 8.5 (-120).
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.