Virginia Tech at Wake Forest odds, picks and prediction
The Virginia Tech Hokies (10-2 overall, 4-1 ACC) visit the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-4, 0-4) in a Sunday evening contest in Winston-Salem, N.C. Tip-off is at 6 p.m. ET. Below, we analyze the Virginia Tech-Wake Forest college basketball betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Virginia Tech is No. 20 in the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
Virginia Tech at Wake Forest:Betting odds, spread andlines
- Money line : Virginia Tech -300 (bet $300 to win $100) | Wake Forest +240 (bet $100 to win $240)
- Against the spread/ATS : Virginia Tech -6.5 (-115) | Wake Forest +6.5 (-105)
- Over/Under : 140.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Virginia Tech at Wake Forest: Three things to know
- The Hokies lost 73-71 at Louisville Jan. 6. That was their last and only true road game this season. Last season, Virginia Tech won 80-70 at Wake Forest Jan. 14. The Hokies went 0-6 on the road the rest of the way.
- The Deacons lost 77-65 at home to Louisville Wednesday. The Cardinals marked the third straight ranked team (all losses) Wake Forest has faced. Against UL, the Deacons registered a season-low effective field-goal mark of 43%.
- Virginia Tech figures as a top-75 rebounding team at both ends of the floor. Despite the fact no individual player has logged more than 7.0 boards per game, the Hokies have out-rebounded foes in 9 of 12 games. The VT glass work has led to the Hokies getting a large percentage of its baskets on put-backs and in close proximity to the rim.
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, NJ, TN and WV. IA and PA residents, don't miss BetMGM 's risk-free, first-bet offer! MI residents, BetMGM is coming to your state soon - register early for special promotion.
Place your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Virginia Tech at Wake Forest: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Virginia Tech 72, Wake Forest 70
Money line (ML)
Recent Wake Forest losses to Duke and Virginia looked worse on the bottom-scroll ticker on TV than they were in reality. Look for the Demon Deacons to be more dialed in from beyond the arc (3-pointers account for nearly 44% of the Wake offense) in this second home game back from a stretch that had WFU on the road for three straight.
BACK THE DEMON DEACONS +240.
Against the spread (ATS)
Over the last six games in this series, the underdog is 5-1 ATS. That's the play here, mostly banking on a Wake Forest side which has endured a tough, erratic schedule.
TAKE WAKE FOREST +6.5 (-105).
PASS on a well-made total. The game figures to have an average ace, with no underlying factors dragging it way past or way short of a 140 total.
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.