Cleveland Browns at Kansas City Chiefs prediction, odds and betting picks
The Cleveland Browns (12-5) and Kansas City Chiefs (14-2) lock horns in an AFC playoff game Sunday in the NFL Divisional Round. Kickoff is at 3:05 p.m. ET at Arrowhead Stadium. Below, we preview the Browns-Chiefs betting odds and lines and make our NFL picks and predictions.
Browns at Chiefs: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line : Browns +380 (bet $100 to win $380) | Chiefs -500 (bet $500 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS : Browns +10 (-115) | Chiefs -10 (-105)
- Over/Under : 56.5 (O: -115 | U: -105)
Special NFL Playoffs Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any team's money line, WIN $100 (in free bets) if ANY NFL team scores a touchdown in the playoffs this weekend. Offer available in CO, IA, IN, NJ, TN and WV. PA residents, don't miss BetMGM 's risk-free first-bet offer.
MI residents, BetMGM is coming to your state soon - take advantage of early registration promotions! New customer offer, terms and conditions apply. Place your legal, online sports wagers at BetMGM. Bet now!
Browns at Chiefs: Game notes
- The Browns topped the Steelers by a 48-37 score last weekend. It was a rare road win and cover for Cleveland, who posted a 5-3 straight up and 3-5 ATS mark in eight road contests in the regular season.
- Weather isn't expected to play a huge factor in this game, with temperatures in the high 30's and a very low chance of precipitation. Winds will be whipping between 10-15 mph from the northwest, so perhaps the passing and kicking games will be affected by the adverse conditions.
- The Chiefs ranked No. 1 in the NFL in both total yards (415.8) and passing yards (303.4), while ranking sixth in the league with 29.6 points per game.
- Defensively, Kansas City allowed 358.3 total yards per game to rank 16th, and it was just 21st in the NFL against the run, yielding 122.1 yards per outing. The Chiefs gave up 22.6 PPG to rank 10th.
- The Browns and Chiefs are meeting for the first time in the NFL postseason. Cleveland's win last weekend was its first in the postseason since Jan. 1, 1995. The Chiefs, of course, won its most recent playoff game - in Super Bowl LIV.
Browns at Chiefs: Key injuries
- OT Jack Conklin (hamstring, knee) questionable
- LB B.J. Goodson (shoulder) questionable
- TE David Njoku (hamstring) questionable
- RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle, hip) questionable
- LB Willie Gay (ankle) out
- WR Sammy Watkins (calf) out
- CB Rashad Fenton (foot, ankle) questionable
Browns at Chiefs: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Chiefs 34, Browns 20
Money line ( ?)
The Chiefs (-500) are rested and raring to go after a bye last week, and most of their key personnel rested in Week 17, too.
Still, risking five times your potential return is just not a good long-term betting strategy. AVOID.
Against the spread ( ?)
Similarly to what we saw from the Los Angeles Rams and Green Bay Packers Saturday, expect the rested, top-seeded CHIEFS (-10) to push past the scrappy challenger.
Cleveland battled a lot of adversity just to get to Kansas City. If the Browns fall behind and are forced to get away from the run, which is their strength, it could be a long afternoon. I expect that to be exactly how things unfold, too.
Over/Under ( ?)
The Chiefs have a high-octane offense, so some bettors might be rather surprised that the Over/Under was just 8-8 for the defending champs during the regular season. The Chiefs averaged just 20.0 PPG across their final three home games, and the Under is 3-1 in their four games against playoff teams this season.
It won't be a defensive slog, but this game will go UNDER 56.5 (-105).
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.