Chicago Bulls at Dallas Mavericks odds, picks and prediction
The Dallas Mavericks (6-5) host the Chicago Bulls (4-8) Sunday at American Airlines Center for a 3 p.m. ET tip-off. Below, we analyze the Bulls-Mavericks NBA betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
The Mavericks had a four-game win streak snapped with a 112-109 loss at the Milwaukee Bucks Friday. Each of their previous four wins were decided by at least 7 points.
The Bulls have dropped four straight decisions, including a 127-125 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder Friday. All four losses were within a 4-point margin.
Bulls at Mavericks: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line : Bulls +230 (bet $100 to win $230) | Mavericks -275 (bet $275 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS : Bulls +7.5 (-120) | Mavericks -7.5 (+100)
- Over/Under : 227.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Bulls at Mavericks: Key Injuries
- PF Chandler Hutchison (health and safety protocols) out
- SG Luke Kornet (not with team) out
- SF Otto Porter Jr. (back) probable
- PG Tomas Satoransky (health and safety protocols) out
- SF Garrett Temple (ankle) probable
- PG Jalen Brunson (health and safety protocols) questionable
- PF Dorian Finney-Smith (health and safety protocols) out
- SG Tim Hardaway Jr. (groin) questionable
- PF Maxi Kleber (health and safety protocols) out
- PF Kristaps Porzingis (ankle) probable
- C Dwight Powell (health and safety protocols) out
- SF Josh Richardson (health and safety protocols) out
Special NBA Betting Promotion!
Place a $1 bet on either team's money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if either team hits a 3-pointer during the game today. Promotion available in CO, IN, NJ, TN and WV. IA and PA residents, don't miss BetMGM 's risk-free, first-bet offer! MI residents, BetMGM is coming to your state soon - register early for special promotion.
Place your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Bulls at Mavericks: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Mavericks 128, Bulls 115
Money line (ML)
The Bulls have been playing their best basketball but in one of the toughest stretches of the schedule they'll have all season. They lost 117-115 to the Los Angeles Lakers and 130-127 to the Los Angeles Clippers. Chicago covered the spread as an underdog of 8.5 and 12 points, respectively.
Still, Dallas has been winning with authority and has flawlessly reincorporated Porzingis into the lineup. Through two games, he's averaging 15.5 points per game and 7.0 rebounds per game. PG Luka Doncic continues to lead the way for the Mavericks with 27.5 PPG, 9.5 RPG and 8.8 assists per game.
The Mavericks should win this against an inferior team, but the Bulls' recent performances against elite Western Conference competition are enough reason to steer clear of the -275 money line price. We'll get better value on the spread.
Against the spread (ATS)
Get the MAVERICKS -7.5 (+100) as a solid value while needing to win by at least 8 points. Chicago covered the spread in eight of its last 10 games to improve to 8-4 ATS for the season, but Dallas is also 7-4 ATS and has covered in five straight games coming into Sunday.
The Mavs take better care of the ball and are the superior rebounding team. They hold opponents to the third-worst field-goal percentage in the NBA while the Bulls allow opponents to hit on 47.8% of field-goal attempts to rank 24th in the Association.
Take the OVER 227.5 (-110). The matinee tip will likely be a better defense against scoring than either of these teams will provide. Chicago has played to four straight Overs and is 8-4 against the O/U for the season.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.