Delegates present road sign to Friends of Ashby's Fort
FORT ASHBY - Delegates Ruth Rowan and Gary Howell visited the Ashby’s Fort Museum Sept. 12 and presented the Friends of Ashby’s Fort with a copy of the sign designating the Route 46/Patterson Creek bridge as the “French and Indian War Veterans Memorial Bridge.”
Ashby’s Fort was constructed in 1755, at the beginning of the French and Indian War, by order of Col. George Washington.
Capt. John Ashby was the commander of the fort and its company of Rangers.